Let the fun begin

Shoutbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat

Powered by Kide Shoutbox

SmellySkidmark: win 10 will fuck u over many times
Darrell: GT Wheel Thrustmaster T500 only rFactor2 it dosent work for but i am reinstalling software
Darrell: windows 10
Gussy: new windows 10 update has fucked up alot of people. i have shut the updater down on my pc
v8bloke: Hey all the bloke is here lol how are we all
Bert: Hey V8bloke
SmellySkidmark: Hia bloke, how the truck are ya?
SmellySkidmark: V8s @ Barbagallo tonight
KoiL: Hi all :-)
SmellySkidmark: Server 2 now has Oulton Park for the Aussie Legends
Gussy: Bit of a laugh. Rfactor 2 in the dirt. Shits and giggles «check this»
Gussy: crazy track for the lx. great selection
SmellySkidmark: Rob, leave the Stinger in your mirror «check this»
SmellySkidmark: 24h-Race 2018 at the Nürburgring live! «check this»
SmellySkidmark: LIVE STREAM: Shannons Nationals from Sandown «check this»
SmellySkidmark: 24h-Race 2018 at the Nürburgring has 14 hours of racing to go!
SmellySkidmark: Aussie Legends server updated car to v0.96 , dl from here if it wont dl automatically «check this»
Bert: Damage seems to have changed, going off track at turn 7 can destroy the car
Nibiru: Thats strange Bert. The physics didn't change in v096 only graphical changes.
Bert: maybe I missed it before but I have ventured wide at that turn before without hitting anything
SmellySkidmark: Server 4 has the same damage that server 2 had
Bert: Strange I think it is only at two spots that it happens on that turn.
Nibiru: All AL cars updated with rainFX «check this»
Bert: Thx Nib
SmellySkidmark: PM Nib
SmellySkidmark: PM Obbzy
SmellySkidmark: Rob, you'd never see a Stinger in front of you lol «check this»
SmellySkidmark: Aussie Legends @ Oulton Park tonight!
SmellySkidmark: PM Nib
SmellySkidmark: Nib we got spammmmmm
Nibiru: Did you delete it SS
RobZee: I did Nib
Nibiru: Thanks Rob
Bert: The real life drivers don’t seem to have any issues with tire wear. Is the server maybe set too high? Also Larko calling it a low stress circuit.
SmellySkidmark: @Bert tyres too high? no

Only registered users can send messages, register or login

You are not logged in.

TS3 DETAILS

server address = xfactorracing.ddns.net

PW = FUN (IN CAPS)

× If you have any questions feel free to post in here or join our TS3 server. There is usually someone on and everyone is willing to help. Our TS3 details are
server adress = xfactorracing.ddns.net
Password = FUN (IN CAPS)

Realfeel FFB Plugin

• Nibiru
  • Nibiru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Slow in - Fast out
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1 by Nibiru
Nibiru created the topic: Realfeel FFB Plugin
For those that use realfeel here is a link to a very useful post on what the settings do and how to setup your realfeel. It is written for simbin games but works with rfactor

http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_posts/7229
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Nibiru.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers replied the topic: Re:Realfeel FFB Plugin
with all the current updates fvrv8s has had and its growing popularity i thought i'd give it another go...but

i cant for the life of me get realfeel to work with any steering weight, its enabled and i can feel its there, but doesnt seem to matter what realfeel settings i use the wheel stays light as a feather, i've browsed the fvr forums (and others) and it seems the genral consences is that realfeel doesnt work with this mod (well not very well for most), some may say just remove realfeel, well i tried it and yes plenty of wheel weight but feels crap (IMO) and far from realistic when compared to other mods with realfeel.

has anyone here had any success with realfeel in this mod?
and if so could you please share your seceret....

• Nibiru
  • Nibiru's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Slow in - Fast out
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by Nibiru
Nibiru replied the topic: Re:Realfeel FFB Plugin
yeah realfeel doesn't work with FVR.....I use Leo's realfeel for FVR's http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Leo%27s%20FFB%20plugin

and check HERE

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by StickyRubbers
StickyRubbers replied the topic: Re:Realfeel FFB Plugin
Nibiru wrote:

yeah realfeel doesn't work with FVR.....I use Leo's realfeel for FVR's http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Leo%27s%20FFB%20plugin

and check HERE

thx, i'll try it

• LordOfTheRims
  • Financial Member
  • Financial Member
  • RPMotorsport
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by LordOfTheRims
LordOfTheRims replied the topic: Re:Realfeel FFB Plugin
I thought I'd put all the info I've found in this thread for easy reference. Some of it has been posted before but there's a few new things, like, I found that you can now adjust the smoothing level in-game.

The parts I highlighted are about some console thingy that I haven't worked out yet.

Real Feel

MaxForceAtSteeringRack
This is the force on the steering rack that corresponds to full force at the wheel and will need to be set for each car driven, the default of 1500 may be much too low or too high for a lot of cars. Use the Console view to see the forces generated at the steering arm to help with tweaking this value.

SteeringDamper
This is the max change in force sent to the wheel each frame. By default this is set the same as SteerForceInputMax, which effectively disables any damping. Lowering this number will smooth any spikes larger than the value, the smaller the number the more damping.

FFBMixerRealFeelPercent
This allows a mix of between 0% and 100% RealFeel. Setting this to 0 will disable RealFeel for the selected car, defaulting to standard FFB.

RealFeel HotKeys

Hold Right Control and...
Numpad 7, 8, 9 - MaxForceAtSteeringRack decrease 100N, Reverse, increase 100N
Numpad 4, 5, 6 - SteeringDamper decrease (100 steps), Reset to Max (no damping), increase (100 steps)
Numpad 1, 2, 3 - RealFeelMix -10%, Toggle RealFeel On/Off, RealFeelMix +10%
Numpad 0, . , --- Smoothing Level decrease, increase (0 - 9)

Hold Left Control and...
Numpad 7, 8, 9 - MaxForceAtSteeringRack decrease 1000N, Reset Min/Max, increase 1000N
Numpad 4, 5, 6 - SteeringDamper decrease (10 steps), Reset to Min (max damping = no FFB), increase (10 steps)

These HotKeys only work when in RealTime mode, i.e. out on track.

Version 0.9.0 Released

* New configurable parameter SmoothingLevel dictates the amount of smoothing applied to the raw SteeringArmForce. Applicable values are 0 to 9, with 0 being no smoothing and 9 being max smoothing (a weighted average of the last 9 values). Controllable via Hotkey, RightControl + Numpad0 to decrease, RightControl + NumpadDecimal (.) to increase.

* New configurable parameter MinSpeed dictates the speed (in kph) at which RealFeel disables itself in favour of default FFB (default of 10kph)

Version 0.9.2 Released

First - See below

The second new feature is the ability to control the default MaxForceAtSteeringRack, SteeringDamper and SmoothingLevel that will be used for new entries (i.e. cars not driven before). These entries are also in the [General] section of the RealFeelPlugin.ini:

DefaultMaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1500.000000
DefaultSteeringDamper=11500.000000
DefaultSmoothingLevel=0

If a mod has proper suspension and the person is using a quality Logitech wheel, RealFeel should work just fine with the standard 11500 and 100 settings for those respective values. The only value that needs adjustment is MaxForceAtSteeringRack, and that can be determined through simple testing with MoTeC telemetry either on a Skidpad or a well-modeled track like Oulton Park 2005 or VLN Mid-Ohio.

Version 0.9.0 Released

Console Details

* New configurable parameter ConsoleRepeatDelay dictates the rate at which the console info is displayed (the value is the number of seconds to wait before updating the console output, default of 0.1 is 10 updates per second).

* Console output of FFB value changed to a percentage. Anything over 100% will mean your wheel is pulling as hard as it can (within the limits of your current controller setup).

* Console output changed so that values can be copied & pasted directly into a spreadsheet for analysis. See example below.

-03300 0 11500 100% 11500 -00074 -00074 -02634 04228 002%
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e) (f) (g) (h) (i) (j)

(a) MaxForceAtSteeringRack

(b) SmoothingLevel

(c) SteeringDamper

(d) RealFeelMixerPercent

(e) SteerForceInputMax

(f) SteeringArmForce (Raw)

(g) SteeringArmForce (After smoothing and damping)

(h) Max negative SteeringArmForce since last reset

(i) Max positve SteeringArmForce since last reset

(j) Output FFB percentage

Version 0.9.2 Released

Two new features added.

First is logging console output to a file. This is controlled by an entry in the [General] section of the RealFeelPlugin.ini:

LogEnabled=True

This will log all console output to the file RealFeelLog.txt in the rFactor root folder. The file is reset to zero size on rFactor startup so if you want to keep the data take a copy (or rename the file) before restarting rFactor.[/color]

"You win some, you lose some and you wreck some."
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LordOfTheRims.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds